Torben Braüner, Ph.D., dr.scient.
I am an Associate Professor of computer science at Roskilde University
where I am affiliated with the research group
Programming, Logic and Intelligent Systems (PLIS).
See a biographical sketch.
Buy the book Hybrid Logic and its Proof-Theory
based on my dr.scient. thesis.
Read a review in Studia Logica. Excerpts from the review:
"...the present book is a coherent, unified, and very readable entity. ...
Throughout the discussion is clear, informative, and natural.
It can be recommended as a book to read, as well as to consult, after a basic exposure to hybrid logics. ...
The book ends with a somewhat philosophical discussion... I will not try to summarize the author's points.
I will say I enjoyed the discussion. And the book."
My main research interest is logic and the application of logic in computing as well as philosophy and psychology.
I am particularly interested in non-classical logics (mainly modal and hybrid logics).
See my entry in RUCforsk (Roskilde University's research database),
in particular the project Hybrid-Logical Proofs at Work in Cognitive Psychology
funded by the Velux Foundation.
I was principal investigator of the projects HyLoMOL (2005-2008) and HYLOCORE (2009-2013), both funded by the Danish Natural Science Research Council.
Recent activities in the research community:
See my complete list of publications (last updated December 2016).
- WoLLIC 2018, PC member
- IJCAR 2018, PC member
- Tableaux 2017, PC member
- XVIII Brazilian Logic Conference, keynote speaker
- M4M-9, PC member
- AiML 2016, PC member
- First CADILLAC Workshop, invited speaker
- FroCoS '15, PC member
- CONTEXT 2015, PC member
- 5th Indian School on Logic and its Applications, invited speaker
- Modality and Modalities 2013, keynote speaker
- LSFA 2012, invited speaker
- AiML 2012, co-organizer and PC member
- SLS 2012, PC member
- AiML Steering Committee, member 2010-2012
- IJCAR 2012, PC member
- M4M-7, PC member
- FroCoS '11, PC member
- 4th Conference: Nonclassical Logics Theory and Applications, invited speaker
- Tableaux 2011, PC member
- AiML 2010, PC member
- HyLo 2010, co-organizer and PC co-chair
- M4M-6, co-organizer and PC co-chair
- FIRST Autumn School on Modal Logic, main organizer
I give or have recently given the following courses (some in Danish):
Department of People and Technology
P.O. Box 260
DK-4000 Roskilde, Denmark
See here for information about arriving at Roskilde University.